I’ve been on a bit of a health kick recently, and just had a big order from Vitacost delivered yesterday. Among the tasty healthy things I ordered was a pound of amaranth seed. Now, I had never had amaranth before, but figured that it should be something like micro quinoa – an equally tasty “grain” that gives a similarly fluffy result when cooked. It’s also very healthy, with high levels of calcium, iron and magnesium and rich in protein and fiber and no gluten.
A high value $3 off coupon is currently available here, however make sure to print it out asap, since it most likely won’t last long.
As you probably already know, I am a huge fan of German Persil and got very excited last week when the launch of Persil ProClean was announced in the US. Unfortunately, none of my local Walmarts were carrying the Persil ProClean line yet, so I reached out the the folks at ProClean and they were kind enough to send me some samples. I received them yesterday and of course had to put the US version of Persil to the test straight away! Here are my first impressions, and I will be doing a full comprehensive review after I’ve used the detergents for a while.
Okay, I am just beyond excited – if you’ve read my Tide vs Persil post you already know that I am a huge fan of German-made Henkel Persil detergents. The major downside has always been the price and not being able to purchase them locally. Well, just a couple of days ago Henkel USA announced that they will be launching Persil ProClean – a formula identical to the German versions but available at Walmart for less than $10!!! I spent the whole weekend driving around, but none of my four local Walmarts had them in stock. Nonetheless, I will not give up and will post a thorough review as soon as I can get my hands on it!
Looks like there will be liquids, packs and powders available, however I’m not sure exactly when all of these will start hitting the Walmart shelves. They are currently not yet showing up on the walmart.com website, but there was an add in this week’s circulator, so it should be there pretty soon. In the meantime, you can check out the Persil ProClean website, facebook page and their Youtube channel!
Update: I had a chance to try out the ProClean line and you can read about my experience in this post (lots of pictures!).
Great deal on Vitacost this week: you can get 15% off all Method cleaning products, plus 4% cash back through Ebates and to top it all off, first time Vitacost customers can get $10 off their first order !
If you read the first part of my Green cleaning post, you’ll see that I use the Method All Purpose Spray in the kitchen and bathroom, and in the second part I’m going to go over some of my other favorites, such as the floor and bathroom cleaners. Also worth noting that the Lavender Cedar laundry detergent smells HEAVENLY! It’s one of my favorites for white sheets.
Oh, and hand soaps and skin care are also included!
Here’s a sample of some of the prices and the savings you could get:
- Method Smart and Mop Floor Cleaner – $4.58 (regular price $5.39)
- Method Lavender and Cedar Laundry Detergent – $12.23 (regular price $14.39)
- Method Dish Soap – $3.56 (min. purchase: 2; regular price $4.19)
- Method SmartyDish Dishwasher Detergent Packs – $7.64 (regular price $8.99)
- Method Daily Shower Cleaner – $3.22 (regular price $3.79)
You can check out the rest of the offers here: http://www.vitacost.com/method-1
And if you have never purchased from Vitacost before, you can get $10 off your first order of $30+! Just follow this link, create a Vitacost account and you will instantly get the discount code. Please make sure to write it down if you won’t use it immediately.
Not an Ebates user yet? I would strongly recommend you to join – with Ebates you get cash back every quarter for shopping at your favorite online retailers. Sign up here and get a gift card after your first purchase!
I love Zoya’s promotions when they offer “free” polish if you just pay shipping and handling! It is always such a great deal – their polishes are normally priced at $9 each plus shipping, and this year on top of the three you choose you will also get 3 exclusive minis that will not become part of the regular collection!
To buy, go to http://www.zoya.com and use code NYNH. This offer is valid till January 14, 2014 and the fine print states that it can take up to 5 weeks to ship since they will begin packing orders after the 14th. I’m off to choose my colors!
I’ve had a couple of my international readers email me questions about iHerb’s new international shipping rates, so I thought I would write a post on the subject and share a big change that was announced last week by the company.
Unfortunately, it looks like iHerb is no longer able to subsidize international shipping at the rate that they used to in previous years. If you read my old Vitacost vs iHerb post, you know that one of iHerb’s main distinguishing features was always incredibly cheap international shipping (as low as $4 flat for up to 4 lbs), so for people abroad it was always the better option of the two since Vitacost’s international offerings were both expensive and limited to a handful of countries. But several years have passed since that was written, and it looks like the companies have done a full 180 – Vitacost is now offering shipping to a much wider array of countries, and their DHL Global flat fee starts at $9.99 for 3.6 lbs (1.6 kg).
- Up to 1 pound = $4.45
- From 1 pound to 2 pounds = $8.90
- From 2 pounds to 3 pounds = $13.35
- From 3 pounds to 4 pounds = $17.80
I have to say that I’m not the best Glossybox subscriber: I only spring for boxes that have a lot of good-looking spoilers available when I know for sure that it will be worth it. So I was pretty interested to see what the December 2014 Glossybox spoilers would bring, and it looks like this month it’s actually going to be an awesome deal!
Also, don’t forget to go through Ebates to get $2.75 cash back on your subscription. (New to Ebates? Click here to sign up and get a $10 gift card after your first purchase. I’ve gotten so much cash back through their service over the years, I have no idea what I’d do without them.)
I wrote a post earlier about my Sephora Black Friday haul, and thought I would share what came in my Cyber Monday Mystery Bag, since last year a lot of people were disappointed with what they received.
By the way, everyone participating in Sephora’s Beauty Insider program should have received a code for $15/20/25 off their $50 purchase that’s good till 12/15. If you did not receive that email make sure you reach out to Sephora to claim it!
I have a very steady stream of visitors to my Vitacost vs iHerb post, so I thought I would share this great news – for Cyber Monday you can get 12% off your whole Vitacost order when you use code CYBER12! Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem that this can be combined with the $10 off your first order of $30+ code, but if you are an existing customer it’s a great deal! I’m planning on picking up a bunch of healthy stocking stuffers for friends and family, such as:
- Chocolove Chocolate ($2.59-3.19 each, minimum purchase 2) – I absolutely love this stuff, and plan to tuck a bar into each stocking. My favorites are the Almond & Sea Salt and Cherries & Almonds!
- Rigoni di Asiago Nocciolata Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa and Milk ($5.19 each, minimum purchase 2) – this is my favorite Nutella alternative. It’s organic, creamier and sweeter than Justin’s, and does not contain palm oil like the original Nutella. Also, a little less calories and half the saturated fat of the original! Definitely something for my little niece’s stocking.
- Quinn Foods Popcorn ($5.39 each, some flavors have a minimum purchase of 2) – one for the adults! This delicious gourmet microwaveable popcorn is headquartered not far from us in Woburn, MA. Each pack comes with two envelopes – one with oil and one with flavoring. You pop the popcorn first, then add the oil and shake, then add the powder and shake. End result is absolutely delicious, and the Olive Oil & Herbs flavor is my favorite.
- Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask ($8.69) – I have been using this stuff for a while, and think it’s a great non-abrasive exfoliator/peel. Getting this for my sister in law who loves all things natural/organic.
- Thayers Alcohol Free Witch Hazel ($7.96) – it took me a while to try the Thayers Witch Hazel, and I have been loving it ever since. This is going into my mother in law’s stocking.
- Philosophy Limited Edition Purity Made Simple 12 oz. (snag this one while you can, it keeps going out of stock!)
- 2 x Alterna Caviar Moisture Trio (minis of the shampoo, conditioner and CaviarCC cream; I got one for myself, one as a stocking stuffer – LOVE the Caviar CC cream)
- Korres Luxury Body Butter Duo ( 2×1.69 oz. butters in Guava and Jasmine – I have heard great things about the Jasmine one)
- Tocca A Touch of Luxury Gift Set (2×1 oz. hand creams and matching 0.1 oz. rollerballs in Giulietta and Stella; this is for my mother-in-law who loves perfume)
- 100 pt reward – Bumble&Bumble Thickening Hairspray
- Code SURPRISE for the Cyber Monday Mystery Bag (you can also use SHIPNOW for free shipping for $25+ orders, but unfortunately the codes can’t be combined)
- 3 free samples: Jurlique Purely Bright Serum, Origins Smarty Plants CC, Lancome Nude Miracle Trio
And some other great deals:
- Josie Maran Argan Hand Healers Set (1 oz. hand cream and 20 polish remover wipes)
- Tarte Magical Moments Set (minis of the LipSurgence gloss, Amazonian Clay blush and Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara)
- Caudalie Honey Hand Cream + Lip Conditioner Duo (1 oz. hand cream and 0.15 oz. lip balm)
- blinc Lash Discovery Duo (I couldn’t live without the blinc mascara, since it’s pretty much the only thing that does not give me raccoon eyes!)
You can see the rest of the Black Friday deals on Sephora.com – don’t forget to use one of the many discount codes they now offer! SUPRISE for the Cyber Monday Mystery Bag, SHIPNOW for free shipping on $25+ orders, WELCOME for a Benefit They’re Real mascara mini, YOURGIFT to choose a deluxe sample, SEASONSET for an 8-piece sample bag, PARTYPACK for your choice of three sample-filled bags, and the list goes on!